25 - 30 minutes
Cook Within:24 hours
Pita bread stuffed with flavorful chickpeas with a side of Mediterranean chermoula sauce.
Per serving (incl. Tax)
Total Fat 25.31g
Saturated Fat 3.67g
Total Carbohydrates 17.49g
Dietary Fiber 6.4g
In Your Bag
- Pita Bread
- Canned Chickpeas
- Red Onion
- Bell Pepper (Red & Yellow)
- Ground Cumin
- Sesame seeds
- Corriander Leaves
- Parsley Leaves
- Coriander Powder
- Olive Oil
You Will Need
Not Included in Bag
- Cooking Oil (15-20 ml)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Non-Stick Pan
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowls
Prepare the Ingredients
- Wash, and pat dry any fresh produce. Remove the stems from the parsley and coriander leaves.
- Dice the red onion into 1/4″ bits. Chop the garlic as finely as you can.
- Dice the bell peppers into the same sized bits as the onion.
Make the filling
- Set a frying pan on medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of the olive oil and let it heat up. Add red onion and 1/3 of garlic. Saute until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the chopped bell peppers, and saute until they are soft. Next, add the chickpeas, followed by sumac, cumin powder, oregano, sesame seeds, and half of the paprika powder.
- Season with salt and a pinch of black pepper, saute once more until all the spices are absorbed well. Take it off heat and set the filling aside.
Making chermoula sauce
- To a food processor, add the remaining garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, coriander powder and paprika powder. Season with some salt. Blitz until emulsified.
- Next, add the parsley and coriander leaves, along with a little bit of lemon zest. Blitz again until you have a coarse mixture, add some water to adjust the consistency.
- Taste to check seasoning, and set the sauce aside.
Stuffing the pita pockets
- Slice the pita breads in halves, use a spoon to loosen the insides to create a pocket.
- Toast the pita halves on the frying pan with 2 tbsp of cooking oil until golden brown on each side.
- Stuff each pita pocket with 2-3 tbsp of the chickpea filling. Use the spoon to press the filling into the pocket.
Grill and serve hot
- Add 1 tbsp cooking oil to a frying pan set on medium heat.
- Once it is hot, carefully place the pita pockets with the open side down. Gently flip it after 20 seconds to grill the sides as well.
- Serve them hot, with the chermoula on the side.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Try These Out
with a Creamy Sauce, Fresh Parsley & Rice₹19930  Min
One Pot Puttanesca Pasta
with Capers, Black Olives & Tomatoes₹19930  Min
Black Bean Burrito
with Lime, Cilantro & Salsa₹19930  Min
with Rice & Crispy Fried Egg₹19930  Min
Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
with Caramelised Peppers, Tomatoes & Garlic Sauce₹19930  Min
Gnocchi in Tomato Basil Sauce
with Potatoes & Bocconcini Cheese₹19930  Min
Chicken Shawarma Bowl
with Crispy Pita Chips, Cucumber Salad & Rice₹19940  Min
Pan Fried Crispy Basa
with Basil Pesto Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Zucchini Stir Fry
with Carrot & Cottage Cheese in Soy Sauce₹19930  Min
with Fusilli Pasta in Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce₹19930  Min
Sriracha & Honey Chicken
with a Spicy Tangy Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Miso Glazed Eggplant
with Soy Sauce & Sticky Rice₹19935  Min