25 - 30 minutes
Cook Within:24 hours
Pillowy-soft potato gnocchi drenched in an authentic Italian tomato sauce infused with loads of fresh basil, topped with fresh shreds of bocconcini cheese.
Per serving (incl. Tax)
Total Fat 24.6g
Saturated Fat 10.7g
Total Carbohydrates 69.3g
Dietary Fiber 7.2g
In Your Bag
- Canned Tomatoes
- Basil Leaves
- Bocconcini Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
You Will Need
Not Included in Bag
- Sugar (1.5 gm)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Non-Stick Pan
- Mixing Bowls
Prepare the ingredients
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 1″ cubes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a mixing bowl, and crush them into a pulp using your hands.
Prepare the gnocchi dough
- Set a saucepan filled with 500 ml water on medium heat.
- Once the water has reached a rolling boil, season it with 1 tsp salt. Add the potatoes to it, and let them cook for 8-10 mins, or until fork-tender.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and let them cool completely.
- Add the potatoes to a mixing bowl, and mash them. Start adding the flour and a little bit of salt in portions while mixing it into the mashed potatoes.
- Stop adding flour once your dough is not sticky anymore, and is pliable.
Cooking the sauce
- You can start the sauce while the potatoes are boiling.
- Set a large pan on low heat, add the extra virgin olive oil to it, followed by the whole garlic cloves. Let it infuse for 2 mins.
- Now, add the crushed tomatoes and the basil leaves (leave a couple of leaves for garnishing later). Let the sauce simmer for 20-25 mins on low heat.
- Once the sauce has thickened and smells delicious, mix in the sugar, season with salt and black pepper according to your taste.
Shaping the gnocchi
- Divide your gnocchi dough into 3 portions.
- Roll each portion into a 2″ thick log. Cut each log into 1″ sized gnocchi.
- Dust the gnocchi in a little bit of dry flour.
Cooking the gnocchi
- Bring 700ml of water to a rolling boil and season with 1 tsp salt.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and let them cook for 2-3 mins or until they start floating to the top.
- Add a bit of the pasta cooking water to the simmering tomato sauce.
- Then, drain the gnocchi from the cooking water and add them to the sauce.
- Allow the gnocchi to simmer in the sauce for 3-4 minutes, and then serve.
- To garnish, rip some basil leaves and dress it over the bowl of gnocchi. Tear apart the bocconcini balls and garnish the bowl of gnocchi with it.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Try These Out
with a Creamy Sauce, Fresh Parsley & Rice₹19930  Min
One Pot Puttanesca Pasta
with Capers, Black Olives & Tomatoes₹19930  Min
Black Bean Burrito
with Lime, Cilantro & Salsa₹19930  Min
with Rice & Crispy Fried Egg₹19930  Min
Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
with Caramelised Peppers, Tomatoes & Garlic Sauce₹19930  Min
Gnocchi in Tomato Basil Sauce
with Potatoes & Bocconcini Cheese₹19930  Min
Chicken Shawarma Bowl
with Crispy Pita Chips, Cucumber Salad & Rice₹19940  Min
Pan Fried Crispy Basa
with Basil Pesto Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Zucchini Stir Fry
with Carrot & Cottage Cheese in Soy Sauce₹19930  Min
with Fusilli Pasta in Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce₹19930  Min
Sriracha & Honey Chicken
with a Spicy Tangy Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Miso Glazed Eggplant
with Soy Sauce & Sticky Rice₹19935  Min