25 - 30 minutes
Cook Within:24 hours
Mushroom risotto is a traditional Italian comfort food that's ideal for a weekend lunch or dinner.
Per serving (incl. Tax)
Total Fat 27.96g
Saturated Fat 9.41g
Total Carbohydrates 83.14g
Dietary Fiber 3.21g
In Your Bag
- White Mushrooms
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Arborio Rice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
You Will Need
Not Included in Bag
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Stock Pot
- Non-Stick Pan
Prepare the Ingredients
- Chop the white mushrooms into 1″ cubes.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
Preparing the stock
- Add 400 ml of water (per serving) to a saucepan set on low heat, and add the dried shiitake mushroom to it.
- Allow it to simmer and let it come to a gentle boil where the water is infused with the shiitake mushroom flavor.
Cooking the mushrooms
- While the stock is simmering, set a large frying pan on low heat. Add half of the olive oil and half of the butter, and once it is melted, add the onion and garlic.
- Saute until the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the chopped white mushrooms to the pan, and spread them out in one even layer. Increase the heat to medium.
- Stir in intervals until the mushrooms are shrunken in size and are lightly golden brown, then season with salt.
Cooking the risotto
- Create a well between the mushrooms and add the remaining olive oil in it, followed by the arborio rice.
- Toast the rice for 2-3 minutes. Then add the warm mushroom stock 1 ladle (approx. 1/2 cup) at a time while stirring.
- Add the next ladle of stock once all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Continue doing this until you have used up all of the mushroom stock and the rice has been cooked al dente.
- Remove the shiitake mushrooms from the stock, squeeze out any excess liquid, chop them into 1/2″ cubes and add them to the risotto.
- Once the risotto is cooked, reduce the heat to low, add the remaining butter and stir it in.
- Add grated parmesan cheese and stir it in, the risotto should look creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of olive oil and parmesan on top.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Try These Out
with a Creamy Sauce, Fresh Parsley & Rice₹19930  Min
One Pot Puttanesca Pasta
with Capers, Black Olives & Tomatoes₹19930  Min
Black Bean Burrito
with Lime, Cilantro & Salsa₹19930  Min
with Rice & Crispy Fried Egg₹19930  Min
Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
with Caramelised Peppers, Tomatoes & Garlic Sauce₹19930  Min
Gnocchi in Tomato Basil Sauce
with Potatoes & Bocconcini Cheese₹19930  Min
Chicken Shawarma Bowl
with Crispy Pita Chips, Cucumber Salad & Rice₹19940  Min
Pan Fried Crispy Basa
with Basil Pesto Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Zucchini Stir Fry
with Carrot & Cottage Cheese in Soy Sauce₹19930  Min
with Fusilli Pasta in Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce₹19930  Min
Sriracha & Honey Chicken
with a Spicy Tangy Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Miso Glazed Eggplant
with Soy Sauce & Sticky Rice₹19935  Min