25 - 30 minutes
Cook Within:24 hours
Our take on the classic Mediterranean chicken shawarma, but deconstructed. This rice bowl takes all the elements of a shawarma that one loves and presents in an exciting manner. Spicy, flavorful grilled chicken, with seasoned rice, along with a fresh cucumber and cherry tomato salad; topped with a garlicky yogurt sauce and irresistible pita chips.
Per serving (incl. Tax)
Total Fat 12.26g
Saturated Fat 1.94g
Total Carbohydrates 77.8g
Dietary Fiber 6g
In Your Bag
- Chicken Breast
- Ground Cumin
- Coriander Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- English Cucumber
- Cherry Tomato
- Red Onion
- Greek Yogurt
- Pita Bread
- Lemon Juice
- Extra Virgin olive Oil
You Will Need
Not Included in Bag
- Cooking Oil (70 ml)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Non-Stick Pan
- Mixing Bowls
Prepare the Ingredients
- Chop the chicken breast into large chunks.
- Cut the cucumbers into 1″ cubes, finely dice the onion, and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Cook the rice as you normally would.
Marinating the chicken
- Add chicken breast to a mixing bowl followed by half of the cumin powder, corriander powder, cinnamon powder, half of paprika powder and half of garlic powder.
- Also a generous pinch of salt and black pepper, followed by half of the lemon juice.
- Coat the chicken well with the spices and let it marinate for 20-30 minutes.
Making the salad
- In a different mixing bowl, add all the chopped vegetables with a small pinch of salt.
- Mix well, and refrigerate until it is time for assembly.
Making the seasoned rice
- By now the rice should be cooked. Set a large frying pan on medium heat, and add some cooking oil to it.
- Once it is hot, add the remaining paprika, garlic, and cumin powder.
- Once the spices are mildly sizzling, add the cooked rice and stir well along with a pinch of salt. Set the rice aside in a bowl.
Frying the pita chips
- Slice the pita bread into 1/4″ sticks, akin to matchsticks.
- Add the rest of the cooking oil to the same pan set on medium-high heat, and let it get hot.
- Once hot, add the pita strips to the pan in a single layer. Let them fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Transfer the chips to a paper napkin-lined bowl and toss them with a pinch of salt. Set them aside.
Making the yogurt sauce
- Add the greek yogurt, garlic cloves, remaining lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt to a blender jar.
- Blend until smooth and emulsified. Set aside.
Cooking the chicken
- Set the pan back on medium-high heat, with the reserved cooking oil from frying the pita chips.
- Once the pan is sizzling hot, add the marinated chicken to it in a single layer. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, flip halfway through.
- Once cooked, place the chicken pieces on a chopping board. Let the chicken rest for 4-5 minutes, and then slice them into 1/2″ slices.
- You can toss the pita chips in the pan after taking the chicken out so they can absorb all the fat and flavors left after cooking the chicken.
- To assemble, layer the seasoned rice in a serving bowl, place the grilled chicken strips next to it, followed by the salad, and pita chips.
- Drizzle the garlicky yogurt sauce all over it, and dig in!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Try These Out
with a Creamy Sauce, Fresh Parsley & Rice₹19930  Min
One Pot Puttanesca Pasta
with Capers, Black Olives & Tomatoes₹19930  Min
Black Bean Burrito
with Lime, Cilantro & Salsa₹19930  Min
with Rice & Crispy Fried Egg₹19930  Min
Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
with Caramelised Peppers, Tomatoes & Garlic Sauce₹19930  Min
Gnocchi in Tomato Basil Sauce
with Potatoes & Bocconcini Cheese₹19930  Min
Chicken Shawarma Bowl
with Crispy Pita Chips, Cucumber Salad & Rice₹19940  Min
Pan Fried Crispy Basa
with Basil Pesto Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Zucchini Stir Fry
with Carrot & Cottage Cheese in Soy Sauce₹19930  Min
with Fusilli Pasta in Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce₹19930  Min
Sriracha & Honey Chicken
with a Spicy Tangy Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Miso Glazed Eggplant
with Soy Sauce & Sticky Rice₹19935  Min