25 - 30 minutes
Cook Within:24 hours
Japanese style broiled eggplant with an umami and sticky miso glaze, served with sticky rice.
Per serving (incl. Tax)
Total Fat 4.49g
Saturated Fat 0.48g
Total Carbohydrates 41.82g
Dietary Fiber 6g
In Your Bag
- Glutinous Sticky Rice
- Ginger & Garlic Paste
- Shiro Miso
- Soy Sauce
- Caster Sugar
- White Vinegar
- Sesame Seeds
You Will Need
Not Included in Bag
- Cooking Oil (30 ml)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Rice Cooker
- Non-Stick pan
- Mixing Bowls
Prepare the Ingredients
- Wash and soak the sticky rice in water for at least 30 minutes, ideally overnight.
- Slice the tops off of the eggplants, and cut them into 3 parts lengthwise.
- Score diagonally about 1/8″ deep on one side of each eggplant slice. Soak them in water for 10-15 minutes.
Cooking the sticky rice
- For cooking the sticky rice, you will need a rice cooker. If you don’t have own, use a deep pot and a slotted plate.
- Fill up the pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Place the steamer slotted plate above it, followed by a damp cheesecloth.
- Put the drained and soaked rice over the cheesecloth in a circle, make a well in the middle and fold over the cloth to cover the top of the rice.
- Close the steamer basket/place the pot lid over the plate, leaving some room on the sides for the steam to come up. Let the rice cook for 25-30 minutes.
Making the glaze
- Set a frying pan on low heat, add 2-3 tsp of cooking oil to it.
- Add the ginger & garlic paste to it, and saute for a minute.
- Add the miso, soy sauce & sugar. Whisk well with a splash of water. Then add the vinegar and whisk it in.
- Allow the glaze to simmer for 2-3 minutes and remove it from heat. Set the glaze aside in a bowl.
Cooking the eggplant
- Set the same pan back on medium-high heat. Add 3-4 tsp of cooking oil and let it heat up.
- Drain the water from the eggplant slices and pat them dry.
- Sear the eggplant slices in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown.
Roast the eggplant
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Place the seared eggplant slices (score side up) on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Liberally brush the miso glaze on the eggplant slices.
- Roast the eggplant in the oven 4 minutes until they look caramelised.
- Place the cooked sticky rice in your serving dish. Top it with a couple of the cooked eggplant slices.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallion greens.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Try These Out
with a Creamy Sauce, Fresh Parsley & Rice₹19930  Min
One Pot Puttanesca Pasta
with Capers, Black Olives & Tomatoes₹19930  Min
Black Bean Burrito
with Lime, Cilantro & Salsa₹19930  Min
with Rice & Crispy Fried Egg₹19930  Min
Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
with Caramelised Peppers, Tomatoes & Garlic Sauce₹19930  Min
Gnocchi in Tomato Basil Sauce
with Potatoes & Bocconcini Cheese₹19930  Min
Chicken Shawarma Bowl
with Crispy Pita Chips, Cucumber Salad & Rice₹19940  Min
Pan Fried Crispy Basa
with Basil Pesto Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Zucchini Stir Fry
with Carrot & Cottage Cheese in Soy Sauce₹19930  Min
with Fusilli Pasta in Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce₹19930  Min
Sriracha & Honey Chicken
with a Spicy Tangy Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Miso Glazed Eggplant
with Soy Sauce & Sticky Rice₹19935  Min