25 - 30 minutes
Cook Within:24 hours
Easy meal, ideal for a weeknight dinner if you are looking for mellow, yet comforting flavors. This dish has breaded pan-fried basa fish fillets simmered in a sauce made of fresh basil pesto with beautiful flavors, served over a bed of warm rice.
Per serving (incl. Tax)
Total Fat 82.93g
Saturated Fat 17.61g
Total Carbohydrates 126.02g
Dietary Fiber 3.81g
In Your Bag
- Basil Leaves
- Pine Nuts
- Basa Fish Fillet
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin olive Oil
You Will Need
Not Included in Bag
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Non-Stick Pan
- Food Processor
- Mixing Bowls
Prepare the Ingredients
- Remove any firm stems from the basil and grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Slice the basa fillet into samller fillets and set aside.
- Roast pine nuts on medium flame until lighly browned.
- Cook the rice as you normally would.
Making the basil pesto
- Add toasted pine nuts, grated parmesan cheese and garlic cloves to a blender and whiz until it forms a coarse mixture.
- Add the basil leaves to the blender and blend again until you have a thick paste.
- Add 3/4 of olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and blend again. Set the pesto aside.
Breading the fish fillets
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs with the garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper (to taste).
- Spread the seasoned breadcrumb mixture on a plate, and coat the fish fillet pieces in the breading on all sides.
- Let the breaded fish fillets sit for 10-15 minutes.
Cooking the fish
- Add the remaining 1/4 of olive oil to a large frying pan set on medium-high heat.
- Once it is hot, shake off any excess breading from the fish and place them on the pan (skin-side up).
- Pan fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp. Set the fish aside in a plate, and wipe down the frying pan with a paper napkin.
Making the sauce
- Set the frying pan back on medium-low heat.
- Add the pesto, cream, and some water to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Let the sauce simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Season with some salt, if you think the sauce needs it.
- Add the cooked fish back to the sauce and let that simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Place the cooked rice in a bowl, top it with a piece of fish and drizzle the pesto cream sauce over it.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Try These Out
with a Creamy Sauce, Fresh Parsley & Rice₹19930  Min
One Pot Puttanesca Pasta
with Capers, Black Olives & Tomatoes₹19930  Min
Black Bean Burrito
with Lime, Cilantro & Salsa₹19930  Min
with Rice & Crispy Fried Egg₹19930  Min
Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
with Caramelised Peppers, Tomatoes & Garlic Sauce₹19930  Min
Gnocchi in Tomato Basil Sauce
with Potatoes & Bocconcini Cheese₹19930  Min
Chicken Shawarma Bowl
with Crispy Pita Chips, Cucumber Salad & Rice₹19940  Min
Pan Fried Crispy Basa
with Basil Pesto Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Zucchini Stir Fry
with Carrot & Cottage Cheese in Soy Sauce₹19930  Min
with Fusilli Pasta in Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce₹19930  Min
Sriracha & Honey Chicken
with a Spicy Tangy Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Miso Glazed Eggplant
with Soy Sauce & Sticky Rice₹19935  Min