25 - 30 minutes
Cook Within:24 hours
Oriental-style fried chicken in a tangy, sticky orange sauce served with rice.
Per serving (incl. Tax)
Total Fat 4.54g
Saturated Fat 0.95g
Total Carbohydrates 81.4g
Dietary Fiber 2.22g
In Your Bag
- Chicken Breast
- Caster Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Chilli Flakes
- Orange Juice
- Orange Zest
- White Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
You Will Need
Not Included in Bag
- Cooking Oil (120-130 ml)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Non-Stick Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Mortar & Pestle
Prepare the Ingredients
- Chop the chicken breast into 2″ cubes.
- Crush the ginger and garlic in a mortar and pestle with a small pinch of salt.
- Zest the orange, and juice it. Strain out the seeds.
- Cook the rice as you normally would.
Marinate the chicken
- Add the cubed chicken to a mixing bowl along with cornflour, some salt and pepper (to taste). Toss to coat evenly.
- Dust off the excess cornflour from the chicken.
Frying the chicken
- Fill a deep frying pan with cooking oil, set the pan on medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken in the oil once it is adequately hot. Fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Set aside on a paper towel.
Making the sauce
- To a frying pan, add some cooking oil. Set it on medium heat. Once hot, add the crushed ginger and garlic along with the red chilli flakes.
- Once fragrant, add the caster sugar and the brown sugar. Stir until lightly caramelized, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and zest. Stir vigorously to combine. Once combined and bubbling, add the soy sauce, season with salt and pepper (to taste) and vinegar. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk the rest of the cornflour with some water, add the slurry to the simmering sauce. Mix until the sauce is starting to thicken.
- To the thickened sauce, add the fried chicken and toss to coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve over the cooked rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Try These Out
with a Creamy Sauce, Fresh Parsley & Rice₹19930  Min
One Pot Puttanesca Pasta
with Capers, Black Olives & Tomatoes₹19930  Min
Black Bean Burrito
with Lime, Cilantro & Salsa₹19930  Min
with Rice & Crispy Fried Egg₹19930  Min
Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
with Caramelised Peppers, Tomatoes & Garlic Sauce₹19930  Min
Gnocchi in Tomato Basil Sauce
with Potatoes & Bocconcini Cheese₹19930  Min
Chicken Shawarma Bowl
with Crispy Pita Chips, Cucumber Salad & Rice₹19940  Min
Pan Fried Crispy Basa
with Basil Pesto Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Zucchini Stir Fry
with Carrot & Cottage Cheese in Soy Sauce₹19930  Min
with Fusilli Pasta in Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce₹19930  Min
Sriracha & Honey Chicken
with a Spicy Tangy Sauce & Rice₹19930  Min
Miso Glazed Eggplant
with Soy Sauce & Sticky Rice₹19935  Min